5.06.2013

CHICAGOLAND

Here we are!  We have officially moved into our (temporary) studio apartment here in the Lakeview area of Chicago.  We're on day two here and we love it already!

Here's our little kitchen--that sweet looking H is a one-of-a-kind from Caitlin. Thanks!


Yes, I did jump on the bed after taking this picture.

 Our only other decorations besides the H--these great pictures from the Millars

 Yes, mom, I did climb on the kitchen counters for this one!




Salsa courtesy of Camille!  We get to taste test them all and write a review for her blog!

It's nice to be almost settled in, especially since we've: gotten married, finished a semester of school, attended Travis' graduation from the BYU Marriott School of business, moved into/out of three apartments and a stateroom on a cruise ship, flown to California, sailed to Catalina Island, spent a day in Mexico with a former member of the Mexican Mafia, driven 21 hours cross country, stayed with family in Iowa, and SO MUCH MORE in the past 5 weeks!


Travis started his internship with Weber Shandwick today, working (where else, but) at the Hancock Center:


"I'm excited! I'm going to be spending most of my time on the "Got Milk?" campaign, and more specifically with the new "Got Chocolate Milk?" push. I'm working way up high and the people there are neat, and I love riding the subway. And coming home to a smokin' hot wife! Life is good."
 --Trav

I spent the day exploring the neighborhood and getting us all set up in our apartment.  I'm loving our apartment location--it's close to the L-Train Red Line that takes Travis right to his building, there are three parks on our block, an elementary school, and some nice places to eat, shop, get groceries, etc. within walking distance.  It's no Southport, IN but I feel pretty safe! We have to be out of here in two weeks, so I'm looking for our next great place!

Travis & I also decided on the name of our blog today.
Rationale:
1. Hancock is our last name
2. I was formerly a Tower (a High one!)
3. The Hancock Center (where Travis works) is iconic here in Chicago.  It's the tallest building, it's got a little bit of everything in it, and it's going places--just like us.



4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys, I love your studio apartment. I always thought that would be way too tiny to enjoy, but yours looks so cute and cozy!! Love it! Have fun out there, I miss you already so I'm so glad you have a blog. I'll have to keep my updated too so we can keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to keep up with you on your blog. Have fun in Chi town! Can't wait to see pictures of your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEEE! I love your place and your new city life! Yay blog world! Yay salsa!

    ReplyDelete